Sunday, August 27, 2006

 

A hundred thousand cups of ice

Oh yes, the Snack Bar. That is my Mom with her head turned, she never liked her picture taken, and my Aunt Angie, Lon's wife, helping her. One of the unfortunate things about being the son of the owner was that I had to work. Always, about ten minutes before the band took a break, I HAD to leave the upstairs, where the music was and the girls were, and go down to the Snack Bar and start filling cups with ice. I didn't keep track, but you can only guess how many cups I filled with ice. (We had a deep freeze at home where we stored the ice we made during the week in empty milk cartons and then broke up with a hammer on the Snack Bar floor before dumping the carton out in a big ice storage bin). Then I started filling cups with pop. We served Pepsi, Lemon/Lime, Root Beer, Orange Crush, & Lemonaide along with Hamburgers, Hot Dogs, and Tenderloins, as well as fries and rings. I spent many an hour working the grill. I guarantee you it wasn't all fun, being the owners son, but I wouldn't trade my memories for anything. Anyone recognize the backs of those heads? Oh yes, and trench coats?

Comments:
nice blog. remembering the past with those photos.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?