Wednesday, December 06, 2006

 

IT'S BEEN A LONG, LONG TIME !

Here's Joni Calkins Simms giving Gary Heflin a forty year hello at the SOC HOP Redo #2 on Nov. 17th at RC's Lounge. It is really fun when old aquaintances see each other again. For me that has been the thrill of the SOC HOP Reunions - seeing so many familiar faces - especially when we are bumping elbows out on the dancefloor. It may be true that we can't go back, but we can sure as hell remember. I'm lovin' it. Hope to see all Friday 12/8 for the Surprise Reprise at RC's for a PreHoliday Boogie featuring Frank Plas - Little Joe Sherrick and The Sensational Silver Tones....Please come and join us...

Comments:
Good to see Gary on this site, He is still as charming as ever! Ha.
Cheryl Halla
 
OMG! When I was 6 years old, in 1967, my father, Skip Wantland, opened a music store in San Francisco with Roger Calkins. We still lived in Overland Park, and prior to that, Roger and my now deceased father, recorded several regional hit records together including "All I Want is You," I still have a "mint condition" copy of the 45, and a tribute tattoo to him and that song on my ankle. Roger and Joni were very good friends with my father and my mother, Carolyn. I also remember a special 4th of July party at Jack Nead's, whom my father also owned a music store with at the time called the "Tune Shop." When it got late, I got to sit in on the drums for the first and last time of my life. I'll never forget that or Jack's guitar shaped swimming pool with a diving board for the neck. Good grief, I wish my father would've lived to go to this, he passed away on September 29th, 2006. I'm so glad I stumbled upon your blog. Peace and Love, Lori Sue Wantland (Please don't post this, but you can email me at: hippie4life@rocketmail.com)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?