Saturday, March 03, 2007

 

The New SOC HOP Country Club

The SOC HOP Country Club - 1962 - located at 8940 Quivira Road, Lenexa, Kansas.
Of course, both of the SOC HOPs are all gone now - and have been for years - where the original barn on 95th street was there are now apartments and on this site on what is now called Marshall Drive, there is a lumber yard on part of the property, and the Quivira Road overpass goes over part of it - but when I drive by that area, I always look, and, strange as it seems, my mind still sees the place, just like it was. In this picture, I can see my car where I parked on off hours, on the walk by the front door. It was my first car actually - a brown '39 Pontiac sedan, with suicide doors and running boards. I loved that car - and I loved The SOC HOP.
Both of them...As I equally love both of my sons, both old and new SOC HOPs meant the very same thing to me - they were both very special places - Oh what fun was had there - by many. But then, nothing lasts forever - and while we can't go back, we can remember.. Do you remember dancing on this beautiful dance floor?



I SURE DO ...















Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?